Need Help Paying Vet Bills?
Whenever possible, work with your veterinarian. Ask your primary vet whether any less expensive treatment option is available. Think about getting a second opinion to compare medical cost. Try to arrange a payment plan. Ask whether the practice would accept services in place of cash. Perhaps an extra hand at the reception desk or in the kennel is needed at times.
Helpful links to various types of financial resources follow:
- American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) Helping Pets Fund www.needhelppayingbills.com/
Works with AAHA-accredited veterinary practices to identify pets in need.
- Hope Fund of Frankie’s Friend https://www.frankiesfriends.org/apply-for-assistance
Supports pets that would have a good prognosis from a single intervention for long-term recovery to a normal quality of life. Must be recommended by attending veterinarian.
- SPAY/USA https://www.spayusa.org
Makes spay/neuter services affordable to those who might not otherwise spay/neuter their pets.
- The Pet Fund https://www.thepetfund.com
Provides financial assistance to owners of domestic animals who need veterinary care.
- Red Rover Relief Grants www.redrover.org/redrover-relief-grants
Helps fund specific and immediate emergency vet care for destitute animals suffering from acute, life-threatening injuries or illnesses.
- Cody’s Club https://www.dogdoggiedog.com/pwcAcodysclub.htm
Financial help for pets needing radiation treatment.
- IMOM Inc. (In Memory of Magic) https://www.IMOM.org
No longer provides financial assistance, but has a list of financial resources.
- Best Friends https://bestfriends.org/Resources/Financial-Assistance-For-Pet-Guardians/ A great source for finding financial assistance organizations and online advice.
- Cats in Crisis https://www.catsincrisis.org
Offers grants for cats with kidney disease, thyroid disease or cardiac conditions, or neurological conditions or mobility impairments such as Cerebellar hypoplasia, paraplegia, and limb malformations.
- Feline Veterinary Emergency Assistance Program https://www.fveap.org
Medical costs for life-threatening illness or injury. Limited to recipients of State Medicaid, Medicare, or Social Security only income; a public assistance program; or unemployment benefits.
- SPAY/USA https://www.spayusa.org/about/about.asp
Affordable spay/neuter services.
PAYMENT PLANS AND FUNDRAISING:
- CareCredit https://www.carecredit.com/vetmed/loans
Offers short-term, interest-free payment plans. Check with your veterinarian for availability.
- VetBilling.com https://www.vetbilling.com
Interest-free payment plans through veterinary practices participating with VetBilling.com.
- Pet Chance www.petchance.org
Helps with online donations to pay for medical expenses.
- GiveForward https://www.giveforward.org/
Helps set up a personal fundraising page. Charges a small percentage of funds raised.
- God’s Creatures Ministry Veterinary Charity https://www.all-creatures.org/gcm/help-cf.html
Grants limited to $50.00. Help for personal local fundraising ventures for ‘pets’ or animal(s): a “Walk a Mile” form and a general donation form.
- Wish Upon a Hero https://www.wishuponahero.com/
Fundraising campaign assistance.
- Spay Now Inc.: Graysonville www.spaynow.org
- Sussex County, DE: https://bvspca.org/hospital/spay-neuter/
- Talbot Humane Society: Easton https://www.talbothumane.org/services/spay-neuter-midshore/
- Wicomico County Humane Society: Salisbury https://www.wicomicohumane.org/services/
- Worcester County Humane Society: West Ocean City