“Volunteers aren’t paid, not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless.” ~ Anonymous
You can make a difference! There are a variety of ways that individual volunteers contribute to our mission to rescue and provide safe and responsible care for homeless, abandoned, and abused animals. No experience is required, we provide training and mentoring for all new volunteers.
- FERAL CAT CAREGIVERS improve the lives of un-owned cats in our community by trapping, providing spay/neuter and vaccination, feeding and cold winter shelters.
- CAT FOSTERS – We praise you for wanting to offer the best gift of all to a cat in need, the gift of LIFE! Without foster homes, they would not have this chance. Cat fosters provide temporary housing for homeless cats until permanent, loving homes can be found. Town Cats pays for the costs associated with veterinary care of our foster pets, and our foster parents provide the love, food, litter and supplies. Foster parents may help screen adopters by providing input to the adoption coordinator about the prospective adopter, their home, and the specific match with their foster cat.
- EVENT VOLUNTEERS help at events by being at the Town Cat’s booth; talking to the cat people that stop by; answering questions about our mission, our program and our cats that are up for adoption; selling products; and running any raffles that we may have at the table. Sometimes we have cats with us at events, in which case they may need some care like water, food, and litter clean up.
- FUNDRAISING VOLUNTEERS plan short-term and long-term events. We are always looking for fresh ideas. In addition, some fundraisers write grants to fund specific projects.
- PROMOTION AND PUBLIC RELATIONS VOLUNTEERS generate and maintain media contacts, write press releases, maintain social media sites, put out flyers and signs, promote events, and attend community events to promote the Town Cats mission.
- ANIMAL TRANSPORT VOLUNTEERS provide assistance transporting animals to veterinary appointments and spay/neuter clinics.
- ADMINISTRATIVE VOLUNTEERS maintain mailing, donor and supporter lists; correspondence, thank you cards, donation acknowledgements; meetings scheduling and notetaking, etc.
- ANIMAL SUPPORT VOLUNTEERS provide general support to our foster parents by helping socialize cats, feeding, cleaning litter boxes, etc.
- GRAPHIC DESIGN VOLUNTEERS take photographs and design printed materials to advertise special events and ongoing efforts to find support for our mission and homes for our animals.
- CRAFTERS create items to be sold out our events, or used by our fosters. We have crocheting, knitting, sewing, and other craft patterns and ideas we can share with you if needed.
We welcome your involvement. Join us to improve the well being of homeless and community cats.
If you are interested in volunteering, you can fill out an online application by clicking the box below or you can download a PDF version.
For more information, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Kathy, at (443) 664-5396.